Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gen 1 front gpm gear box

Default Gen 1 front gpm gear box

Where am I supposed to get the screws to mount my front arms to them? the stock ones dont work

Theyre supposed to come in the bag with the gearbox.
    And are you talking about the long thing that screws into the top of it with two screws? The one that the knucks screw into?
    NO LONGER:

nah i mean the 2 holes that are horizontal with the chassis. they are holes without threads because the arms need to be able to swing up and down and the stock screws for the arms are a bigger diameter than the holes on the gearboxes. the boxes came with 4 screws to mount them to the bottom of the chassis and 2 for the top to mount the upper plate. i don't want to but i will drill out the holes if theres no solution

Post some pics please. I still dont know which screw holes you are talking about sorry. I have a ton of the gpm screws, however I need a pic of which hole the screw goes into (and dont think dirty )
    NO LONGER:

The holes in the front supports that are used for mounting the suspension arms.

I just had a problem with this a couple weeks ago, I got just the alloy front supports/gear box and no arms. They made the holes in the supports smaller than the stock plastic ones for some reason. I used a small file to work the unthreaded section of the stock screws to the point where they would fit.

The screws you are looking for come with the alloy arms. I dont think you can get them individually.

EDIT: Dont drill out the holes! Cause then the screws for the GPM arms wont fit well if you decide to get them.
    Last edited by spoolin242; 10-15-2010 at 10:41 PM.

Are you talking gen1 or Evo?

Quote Originally Posted by Darwinfish View Post
    Are you talking gen1 or Evo?
    Yeah Gen 1

But yeah if I cant find a file i'll drill em.

And heres a picture but kinda late. I'm talking about the screws that would go in the holes that the arrows point to
    Untitled.jpg

If you are going to drill them, use a 2mm bit.
    If I were in your shoes, I would use the GPM arms as well, since those do come with the right screws for the gearbox (aka front towers)
    After all, they were meant to be used together
    NO LONGER:

DO NOT drill anything!!!!

There isn't actually threads in the holes in the front towers where you're talking about. If you look at the correct screws (GPM or stock) the threaded part of the screw threads into the arm and the end of the screw is unthreaded and it goes into the tower and allows the arm to pivot. This is how the suspension works.

http://gpmracing.com.hk/catalog/images/XM054.JPG

This pic shows the 4 screws with the threaded part by the head and the unthreaded part at the end. The stock screws are the exact same.

Yeah i know how they work. i wanna drill the holes on the towers so the stock screws will fit in them. Idk seems unfair that i would have to buy new gpm arms just for the screws

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast