Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Firelap awd

Default Firelap awd

Firelap 04M 4WD Mini Racer

1:28 digital proportional RC car together with the 2.4GHz LCD display transmitter and beautiful painted body.
    All in one, ready to run package, only require 4 AAA and 8 AA battery.

4 Wheels Drive Chassis

- 4WD Shaft-Driven Chassis design
    - 4-Wheels Individual Suspension
    - Standard micro servo included
    - Ball Bearing included
    - Metal Dog Bone Set
    - Features LED indicator that lights to show power status
    - Additional Gift: 4pcs Drift Tire

- Length:126mm
    - Wide:65~76mm
    - Wheelbase: 90~102mm (90、94、98、102)
    - Tread (F/R):(Wide) 61.5mm / 59mm (Narrow) 56.5mm /56.5mm
    - Tire(F/R) : 23.5~258.5mm /  25~278.5~11mm .
    - Gear Ratio:7.3、6.3、5.5、4.9:1 .
    - Motor :130 Class
    - 2.4GHz 2CH transmitter
    - Chassis with electronic equipment installed
    - Painted Body
    - Spare Drive Shaft
    - Spare Gear - 7.3、6.3、5.5、4.9:1

whoaaa!!! it looks like the hybrid between the ma-010 and gen 1 xmod has finally arrived!!! I remember seeing prototype pics of it a loooooonnnnggg time ago. Glad to see it finally come out I wonder how the chassis holds up. I actually think it looks cool but the motor mount is high, similar to the gen 1.

Kinda expecting sub-par track performance and GREAT drifting performance

goin to try and get my hands on one of these soon!!

EDIT: WHOAAA!! Anyone else notice the stock chassis comes with aluminum parts???!!! I see aluminum dogbones rims and ball bearings. That's pretty sick for how much they cost!
    Last edited by WhiteCharisma; 08-29-2011 at 05:12 AM. Reason: noticed stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteCharisma View Post
    whoaaa!!! it looks like the hybrid between the ma-010 and gen 1 xmod has finally arrived!!! I remember seeing prototype pics of it a loooooonnnnggg time ago. Glad to see it finally come out I wonder how the chassis holds up. I actually think it looks cool but the motor mount is high, similar to the gen 1.

Kinda expecting sub-par track performance and GREAT drifting performance

goin to try and get my hands on one of these soon!!

EDIT: WHOAAA!! Anyone else notice the stock chassis comes with aluminum parts???!!! I see aluminum dogbones rims and ball bearings. That's pretty sick for how much they cost!
    Oh yeah these things are practically a steal with a 2.4ghz board AND transmiter and body and bearings and aluminum driveshafts and possibly even aluminum wheels (3Racing?) all for under $80 I'm in

gentlemen, i think we have found our next "xmod"

xmods:
    1968 Pontiac firebird white paint, halfway upgraded
    2008 Gtr is beeing painted black white two tone
    2009 Zo6 corvette stock needs minor repairs
    350Z body
    2006 titan partially dissassembled
    long chassis evo needs minor repairs

I dont post much.....but this has made me do so.

I'll prolly get one of these after some people give some reviews on them. I'm not into track racing, just like to mod and drift on carpet. so i'm sure itll suit my needs and will be an upgrade from a gen 1 hahaha

I think our previous posters got it right -- I saw a news leak about this car a couple months ago and thought "well, if the Gen 1 ain't back..."

If the parts support is halfway decent this will be pretty successful, otherwise it'll be a bust just like Iwaver's last foray into 1/28.
    Brian Ma

Greyscale RC is back!

Quote Originally Posted by color0 View Post
    I think our previous posters got it right -- I saw a news leak about this car a couple months ago and thought "well, if the Gen 1 ain't back..."

If the parts support is halfway decent this will be pretty successful, otherwise it'll be a bust just like Iwaver's last foray into 1/28.
    True, but if the motors and wheels are interchangable with the miniz awd, than I'm sure it will be succesful. It is after all not built for serious racing like the z so no dws is necessary, and with awd it will be easy to handle for new drivers and be seriously quick with some fets and a mod motor. Although the chassis color is pretty bad

Quote Originally Posted by Mattman View Post
    True, but if the motors and wheels are interchangable with the miniz awd, than I'm sure it will be succesful. It is after all not built for serious racing like the z so no dws is necessary, and with awd it will be easy to handle for new drivers and be seriously quick with some fets and a mod motor. Although the chassis color is pretty bad
    Lol you don't like the chassis color? I think its kinda cool cause I hate seeing that standard grey/black chassis we always see in mini-z cars and xmods. And it does look like the major parts of it are compatible with the mini-z awd i.e drivetrain parts like diffs and dogbones and wheels etc. Heck, if somethings wrong with your board a 2.4ghz mini-z board would probably drop in it no problem!

I'm excited for this. I think i'm going to buy one and test it as soon as i get my next paycheck. Anyone else notice that it also comes with drift tires? that sold me haha I'll have no use for the body that comes with it but if mini-z bodies fit with minimal problems then this is definitely the next platform i'm moving to!

I hope i'm not getting to excited over it though.... watch it be crappy and **** because its an iwaver lolololol

I'm going to wait until I can find this model, and then I'll get it. I don't really care to spend $80 for the car and then $50 for an auto scale! Plus I have always had a weak spot for a yellow gtr since it was my first xmod.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattman View Post
    I'm going to wait until I can find this model, and then I'll get it. I don't really care to spend $80 for the car and then $50 for an auto scale! Plus I have always had a weak spot for a yellow gtr since it was my first xmod.
    Nice! Yeah I was hoping to find either that or the blue impreza because I love the old 22B style impreza body. Man my paycheck can't come soon enough hahaha I really wanna try one of these! I've never tried 2.4ghz either, but I'm not sure how good it is since its iwaver. Know anyone that has tried 2.4ghz iwaver boards?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast